Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Music and Recovering

When I spent alot of time in inpatient units just after I'd had Reuben I started singing quite a lot again to help me. 1 as a distraction and 2 because when you can't exercise or are on bed rest it's something that you can actually do. I'm crap at arts and crafts and have to be in the mood for them. But music and singing is something I've always done. So the other day I had a session with my care-co and we started doing and OT piece of work and I was talking to her about the fact I nearly went to stage school and always did performing arts etc at school. Something I loved to do and succeeded in it but I hit a crossroads where it was stage school (mum was ready to send me off to London) or skating. I chose skating as it was what my heart was fully into.
Facing a time at the moment where I'm trying to find myself again I started singing again the other day and plucked up the courage to do a video yesterday. The song is so meaningful to me because of the lyrics and I sang it to all 3 children while they were in my tummy and when they arrived.

It really helped me and I'm going to start moving on with it and carrying on. Here's the first of many (i hope).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I thought about quitting.....then I realised who was watching!

Happy bank holiday guys, I'm writing this entry as it's the anniversary of my brothers death and I always try to mark it or do somet...